Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day Off!

2/15/09 - Sunday

It's wonderful to have a day off. Karen and I go to Seeing Hands Massage for massages given by blind people. An hour turned into 2 hours - full body massage and a foot massage for a total of $12.00 USD. The sense of their touch is unbelievable. The foot massage though painful at times felt wonderful upon completion. We strolled back to the hotel, a young man approached us and said he saw me yesterday at the river. I told him it wasn't me. He preceeded to tell me that many men were giving woman flowers. He turned around and picked a small bunch of flowers and handed them to me - Happy Valentine's Day. We hugged and he gently kissed me on my cheek. His friends laughed as though they were H.S. boys. I smiled and continued to the hotel. I took a dip in the pool, read and journaled before venturing out to dinner. We went to a restaurant where the food was good but spicy. The best thing about this restaurant were the workers who were rescued from the streets. Every night we gather together for Leadership Training and Processing. Tonight we spoke mainly how we could continue to help the children/people in Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment