Thursday, January 22, 2009

"BARE WITNESS-CAMBODIA CHALLENGE 2008" - INTENTION

The first step of the challenge was to submit my intention to Off the Mat, Into the World (OTM). Intention is very powerful when it comes from your heart-below was my intention.
I "Jude Monteserrato" commit to taking the 2008 Off the Mat, Into the World Seva Challenge because I want to be a leader for change in my community and in the world.
I intend to raise $20,000 or more for the Cambodian Children's Fund and to journey with OTM to Cambodia in February 2009 to make a difference in the lives of children and to change my life.
The reason this journey is important for me is:
I know this is the path I should follow, I have traveled to many places - Thailand, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica to name a few. It brought much heartfelt sadness and tears when I saw how people lived and what they had. Upon returning home it was very challenging to witness the excess and waste in this country. My thoughts and daily prayers continued to be with these people in other parts of the world. Many times throughout the day I found myself thinking about helping them. Like many people my life continued.
I am blessed with 2 beautiful young nieces (ages 5 1/2 and 7) who my sister and brother-in-law adopted from China. As I was reviewing the information and watching the video online about the orphanages, garbage dumps, the children, CCF and the 2008 Cambodia Challenge with tears running down my face, all I could think about were my 2 nieces and where they would be if never adopted. I knew at the moment that besides my daily prayers I must take ACTION and make a significant difference.
My personal hope for the year is:
through my daily yoga and meditation procatice I continue to grow as a person. With perseverance I will become a strong leader. One who will educate and bring AWARENESS about the children in Cambodia to those that cross my path. The courage I build will knock down any obstacles to impede my ability to raise this money. The dream for the year is to make a positive impact for the children in Cambodia.
I will step forth into this challenge in act of SEVA, with the highest intention of making a permanent difference.
I will rise up as a leader, with the support of my community, educating those around me and emerging from this experience as a more loving individual committed to taking action and creating positive change.

1 comment:

  1. Jude,

    What beautiful sentiment. I wish you the continued fulfillment of your dreams and all the patience and enduring courage you may need while on this amazing soul path.
    When you see what pains your heart, make the love and light so abundant within shine brighter than ever to those in need. Your love and compassion is felt.
    Huge hug for hope and happy trails,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete